- NEW! September 28: Attending church at Balmoral (alternate link). Wearing for the second time one of the brooches we've seen debuted this year, the Turquoise and Diamond Brooch.
- NEW! September 21:Attending church at Balmoral (see here or here). No brooch visible.
- September 14: The media was invited to watch The Queen speaking to people after church today - a rare move indeed. She let them hear her make a comment on the upcoming Scottish independence referendum, urging people to think carefully. Not exactly a wild statement, but this is incredibly rare from her, and it's getting quite a bit of attention. She appears to be wearing a rare brooch, too, the Tutti Frutti Bouquet Brooch. Pics can be seen at the Daily Mail, Sky News, and The Telegraph.
- September 6: The Braemar Gathering, as is traditional each year.
- Apropos of nothing, really, but HM was pictured riding out at Balmoral.
- August 24: Attending church at Balmoral. No brooch visible.
- August 17: Attending church at Balmoral, with Princess Eugenie in tow and the Kent Amethyst Brooch out on display. (Do revisit the Kent Amethyst link, a rather interesting find has been posted in the comments by Jeanne!)
- August 7: Official welcome and review of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. As expected, HM wore the badge of the Royal Regiment of Scotland for the job.
- ABOUT THIS BLOG
- TIARAS & CROWNS
- BROOCHES: ORNAMENTAL
- BROOCHES: BADGES
- ORDERS & REGALIA
- ANNUAL & SPECIAL EVENTS
- IN-DEPTH FEATURES & LISTS
- STATE & OFFICIAL VISITS
- Duchess of Cornwall: Tiaras & Necklaces
- Duchess of Cornwall: Brooches
- Duchess of Cornwall: Other Jewels
- Duchess of Cambridge: Loans
10 August 2014
Balmoral Holiday, 2014
The Queen has officially started her annual holiday at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. I will collect links to her appearances during the break here, and you'll find the link to this post on the side bar under Recently Updated Events until public events start up again. During the break, I have updates to take care of and (time permitting) we have some backlogged jewels to cover, so stay tuned!